Monday, December 9, 2013

Wisdom's Grace

I won't allow myself to become a victim of pride, a victim of circumstance, undefined--a victim deceived by my husband's lies.  Such a sad revelation when he realized his fate, a love he thought real a mere mistake. He ignored the signs, tried to hide the lie--promising forever in vows not obliged. Today I start over with wisdom, my guide-- ready to soar, ready to fly!

Clarity cleanses and dries sad eyes, tears just a memory in yesterday's why's. Yet, two questions linger in my new found truth: "Why'd you stay so long, and why'd you lie so good?"  Blonde girl's hold was as real as absurd, done lamenting over a choice to be cursed, living and demonstrating Langston's "Dream Deferred" . . .

Yet, amiss it all, the hurt and pain, I didn't lose myself. Ha! I gained! The essence of my spirit still loves, laughs, and lives--not done yet, so much to give.  Living next chapter of my colorful life. I'm manifesting good--streaming light.  Fearless, self-assured, walking straight ahead, I smile realizing Wisdom's my friend.


Proverbs 4:4-5
I will not walk away from Wisdom--she guards my life;
I love her--she keeps her eyes on me,
Above all and before all, I do this:  Get Wisdom!
I write at the top of my list:  Get Understanding!
I throw my arms around her without regret;
I'll never let her go-she makes my life glorious.
She garlands my life with grace,
she festoons my days with beauty

*I am grateful today for this understanding, another prayer answered . . .

No comments: